This is not just normal yayada. Please take time to read and inwardly digest.
Legal Terms and Conditions
All Barklife.run social runs are run by volunteers. There are no permissions expressed or implied by the anyone associated with Barklife.run t/a World League Canicross Limited. I as a social run participant recognise that runs are not an organised event but a purely social run and partake at their own risk and with the express permission from private landowners, Park or Council authorities. All participants in social runs shall carry third party liability insurance. I accept that Barklife.run t/a World League Canicross are limited to communicating where social runs are being held and displaying third party data reflecting my activity. Running is a physically active sport. You should always seek advice from your GP before taking up a strenuous physical pursuit such as this. I accept that I do so entirely at my own risk and that it is my responsibility to ensure that I am fit and able to take part in the event. Participants under the age of 18 years old are the responsibility of their parents or guardians and need to be accompanied at all times before, during and after the run I accept Barklife.run t/a World League Canicross Limited do not accept responsibility for injury, loss and damage sustained by a participant whatsoever.
Social Run - An informal gathering of no more than 10 humans partnered with no more than 15 dogs. Participating in a fun, social, non-structured, informal gathering, running over a distance of 4,500-5,500 metres of category Grade 1-6 terrain. The run can be timed only by the individual and is of a non-competitive nature. The social run shall not qualify for any monetary or physical reward or gain. All participants run at their own risk and must carry third party liability insurance. All runners must have the landowners permission to run on the route, notwithstanding legal rights of way as defined by territorial law covering the course.
- Barklife.run is designed to provide a framework and format for canicross social runs to occur in a safe manner, and enjoy the friendly social runs observing a spirit of goods sportsmanship. .
- Barklife.run is operated exclusively by World League Canicross. Although the league is a for profit company. All proceeds are either donated to an appropriate charity, or ploughed back into the sport to promote growth of Canicross at grass roots level. It should be noted that Barklife.run is a free service.
- The corner foundations of the league is of course good sportsmanship, canine welfare, and enjoyment of the sport we love so much. With this in mind the Barklife.run is a points based format with WAVA age graded corrections, this makes it a level playing field and negates differences in performance according to age and gender. Naturally, we can’t compensate for the different abilities of our dogs, but since we are all the slower part of our team, physics will probably be the factor of difference. We will always record the time as well as the point for your social run.
- The league is not affiliated with any organisation, we may refer to organisations such as The BSSF (British Sled Dog Sports Federation) or ICF etc. for example, however, we are not affiliated with this or any other organising body.
- You must run with a dog, no-dog runners do not qualify as a valid submission.
- Dogs must be at least 18 months old on the day of the race.
- Dogs over the age of 9 years old should be checked and passed as fit to run by a vet prior to a canicross season.
- Pregnant or lactating bitches do not constitute a fit-to-race dog and will render a virtual race result invalid.
- Dogs must be kept on a fit for purpose canicross bungee lead at all times during the race.
- A dog should not be run in a slip lead, check/choke chain, head collar, flexie lead or any collar that restricts breathing.
- If a muzzle is required it must be of the wire greyhound racing style.
- All dog shall be run using a suitable harness.
- Dogs should not be ran if they are coughing or have recently been in contact with infectious disease.
- It is the owner’s responsibility to ensure their dog is fit and healthy before racing. If in doubt consult your vet.
- A dog may only be used for one social run submission in any week.
- All runners participate as an individual Human/Dog(s) team.
- You are not restricted to rotate dogs as team members throughout the year.
- Up to 2 dogs can be used with an individual human competitor per run.
- We recognise that both Human and Canine competitor athletes may be subject to injury during the year
- If you or your dog are ‘doubtful’, please don’t run.
- A Human/Dog team must not run, ride, swim, trek unless fit to do so.
- All appropriate welfare rules apply to your dogs.
- Any participant found abusing their dog(s) in any way shape or form, shall be subject to (if proven, as a minimum) an irrevocable lifetime ban from the Barklife.run submissions, WLC leagues and its evolutions.
- It is presumed that you are running with your own dog.
- If you must borrow a dog to run with you should only run with a single dog
- You should be familiar with each other, have trained together prior to running with others.
- The handler should be aware of the dog’s behaviour in a running environment and be responsible for its care throughout the run.
- Barklife.run or World League Canicross will not cover your social run with any insurance.
- All social runs are partipated at your own risk.
- You accept you are running as a leisure activity and this does not constitute an organised sporting event.
- Therefore you assume liability and responsibility for yourself, your dogs and third parties affected.
- By participating in the social run you do not hold liable sponsors or partners for any consequential loss or damage..
- The onus is on the participant to hold suitable pet, personal and third-party insurance for participation.
- It is the policy of Barklife.run and the league that third-party insurance is mandatory.
Should part of the year's social runs or data reporting have to be cancelled or postponed for reason beyond the Barklife.run's control there is no recourse from participants for compensation in any form.
GDPR & Privacy
- The following is all we will expose to public viewing;
- your name,
- your dog(s)’ name
- your bib number
- your points scored
- your event time
- We will need (in order for us to calculate your age grade points), the following;
- your name,
- your date of birth
- your gender,
- your dog(s)’ name–
- Age and gender will not be published.
- We will receive your email address, address, and phone number as part of your registration. We will use this only in cases of emergency only.
- We will retain these details until the start of the next year as you will (hopefully) want to sign up for this.
- We have a private facebook group in order to facilitate feedback and private Strava group to research points calculations internal research and development, Strava and Facebook are subject to their own policies that are beyond our control.
- We will never divulge your private data to our sponsors nor any other 3rd party, ever !
- We undertake to keep your data secure at all times and are registered with the UK's Information Commisioners Office through World League Canicross Limited.
Age, Gender & Human Classification
- All human participants must be over the age of 18 years on the date of a social run.
- Participating minors must be accompanied with an adult over 18 in both cases third part insurance and other requirements remain in force.
- As scoring uses WMA/WAVA age-grading as a basis for results calculation there shall be no categorisation of age, gender or any other method of classification of a person. They are either an adult or a minor - thats it !.
Use of shock collars, prong collars and other such electrified devices are banned from use anywhere associated with a reckonable league or social run submission. Any use of such devices is classified as abuse.
A social run distance is classified as any distance from 4,500 metres to 5,500 metres. There is no leaway or tolerance to the distance of a submission.
All submissions are final
The time taken shall be elapsed time and not moving time
Social Run Guidelines
- Please respect the facilities and environment where you run.
- Clean up after your dog in all areas and on your route.
- The minimum and maximum temperatures and humidity shall be noted during a social run.
- Humidity effects actual temperature and the relationship between these two variables will be measured by Apparent Temperature
- Given the minimum and maximum, trail condition and local circumstance these rules and Apparent Temperature Chart must be used to make decisions for the well-being of the dog(s).
- Participants should not exceed the running temperatures for their dogs per the chart below. A dog’s durability in the environment varies between breed. However the chart should be viewed as guidance but also the maximum limit for the most heat tolerant of canines.
- Dogs shall not be harnessed and/or run when the actual temperature exceeds 22°C or at or above 22°C apparent temperature as per the red shaded area of the Canicross section on the Apparent temperature chart.
- It is recommended that distances are shortened when apparent temperature reaches between 18 –21.5°C as per the yellow shaded area of the Canicross section of the Apparent temperature chart.
- Full distances are possible for most breeds for all temperatures within the green shaded area of the Canicross section of the Apparent temperature chart.
- Depending on the route (i.e.large section under the sun) or other facts, the participants should consider shorter distances or other measures, even if the maximum temperatures are not reached. Where this is the case the scores may be recorded based on a pro rata age grade.
- The Apparent Temperature chart shows the relationship between actual temperature and relative humidity. That is; the effect humidity has upon the actual temperature (it assumes the wind speed is 0).To use this chart at a race:
- Assess the temperature and humidity
- Along the x axis of the chart locate the temperature and on the y axis the humidity
- The actual temperature to be 10°C and the humidity is 45%. The Apparent Temp is therefore 7.5°C(in the green zone) and it is recommended a heat can run full distance.
COVID & Other Extraordinary Circumstances
- Please observe all national and local legislation and comply. Routes, courses and timings should be selected for ease of social distancing, also ensuring your personal safety at the same time.
- Where local and national regulations conflict with this document the law has precedent over this document.
Safety, Equipment & Cautionary
- As a human runner, an appropriate sport approved harness should be worn.
- It's important to stay alert while running outdoors.
- Don't wear headphones or earbuds or anything else that might make you less aware of your surroundings.
- Staying safe while running involves the same common sense used to stay safe anywhere else, like avoiding parked cars and dark areas, and taking note of who is behind you and ahead of you.
- Runners should carry a few essentials, such as:
- a form of identification
- a mobile phone
- a whistle to blow to attract attention if you're hurt or in a situation where you don't feel safe
- Other safety tips:
- Run during daylight hours, if possible.
- If you have to run in bad daylight
- Avoid dimly lit areas
- wear bright and/or reflective clothes on yourself and dog(s)
- Ensure you wear a head torch with a fully charged battery
- A rear reflector / led red light is advisable.
- Canicross should be run-off road.
- If you must run on a road keep to a pavement or shoulder of a road, if possible.
- Run facing oncoming cars.
- Always give way to vehicles at intersections. Don't assume that cars will stop for you.
- Obey all traffic rules and signals.
- Only run through neighbourhoods and parks and on trails known to be safe.
- Its always best to run with a friend, if possible.
- If you do run alone with your dog(s) let someone know
- Where you are going.
- How long you are gone for.
- Dress for the weather. In cold weather, wear layers of sweat-wicking fabric, a hat, and gloves. On hot days, bring extra water and wear light-colored clothing and a hat.
- Stop running if you feel faint or sick in any way, or if your dog starts to limp or displays signs of distress.
- If you do run alone with your dog(s) let someone know
- Any participant found contravening WADA anti-doping guidelines (we are serious) both or either themselves and/or their dog(s) in any way shape or form, shall be subject to (if proven, as a minimum) will receive the maximum penalty allowable within the company's constitution. Exemptions for therapeutic use are taken into account
- In the event of any dispute the decision of the organisers shall be final.
- EMERGENCY VET
- Please ensure that the mobile phone you carry is programmed with details of an emergency Vet in operation in the area run your social run
Terms of Service
Welcome to Bark Life!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Barklife.run t/a World League Canicross Limited's Website, located at https://www.barklife.run.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms of service. Do not continue to use Bark Life if you do not agree to take all of the terms of service stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these terms of service, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: "Client", "You" and "Your" refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions, and terms of service. "The Company", "Ourselves", "We", "Our" and "Us", refers to our Company. "Party", "Parties", or "Us", refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Barklife.run t/a World League Canicross Limited and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Bark Life. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from Bark Life for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from Bark Life
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Bark Life
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Bark Life
- Redistribute content from Bark Life
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Parts of this website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the website. Barklife.run t/a World League Canicross Limited does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Barklife.run t/a World League Canicross Limited,its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Barklife.run t/a World League Canicross Limited shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Barklife.run t/a World League Canicross Limited reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant Barklife.run t/a World League Canicross Limited a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Web site.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Barklife.run t/a World League Canicross Limited; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed in paragraph 2 above and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to Barklife.run t/a World League Canicross Limited. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Barklife.run t/a World League Canicross Limited's logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your Website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your Website. No link(s) should appear on any Website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You approve to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amen these terms and conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us any moment. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our website and the use of this website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
The leaguer espects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will let you know how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
1. Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and processes your personal data through your use of facebook and the general running of the league, including any data you may provide.
This Facebook group is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together so that you are fully aware of how and why we use your data.
The group moderator is appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Barklife.run T/A World League Canicross Limited
Postal address: Barrington House, 41-45 Yarm Lane, Stockton on Tees UK TS18 3EA
Telephone number: 01723 339411
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, be happy to consider and assist you with any concern you may have so would be delighted if you might contact us in the first instance.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This Facebook group may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
2. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
• Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth and gender. Dog(s)’ name
• Contact Data includes email address
• Financial Data none
• Transaction Data none
• Technical Data none
• Profile Data none
• Usage Data none
• Marketing and Communications Data none
We also collect and use Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for analytic purposes (for example to improve the group and make it more attractive and easier to use).
Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
3. How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
• apply or register
• complete a survey; or
• give us some feedback.
Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our facebook group, Facebook may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. Facebook may collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Facebook may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. Please see Facebook T&Cs further details.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
4. How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We will only use it for: • Management of the league
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register you as a new league member
(a) Identity (b) Contact
Performance of a contract with you
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
To enable you to complete a survey
(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to
(e) Marketing and Communications
develop them and grow our business)
To administer and protect our league and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our league, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
We will not under any circumstances give access to or divulge any of your data to any third party.
Including the League sponsor.
Promotional offers from us
You will not receive any marketing communications from us or our sponsor. Third-party marketing
We will not use your data for third party marketing .
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
6. Disclosures of your personal data
We will not share your personal data to any third party.
We require Facebook to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
7. International transfers
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
8. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. Data retention
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes within the league in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you. This is solely for the optimisation of the league tables and points calculation
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please see the ‘Your Legal Rights’ section below to find out more about these rights.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights).
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights).
This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
10. Glossary LAWFUL BASIS
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract, in essence your registration and participation in the league
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
THIRD PARTIES External Third Parties
11. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to (within the control of the league):
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.